Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Still Life Final


1.      Describe the craftsmanship of your drawing.  (Is it clear, clean edges, blended well, smudges, defined space, etc.)

 I think the craftsmanship of my drawing was good! I think that I could have kept it more neat by keeping a sheet of paper under my hand so that I didn't smudge the pencil so much.

 

2.     Are your values and shadows realistic? How many values did you include? How and why are values important?

 
I think that my shadows and values are realistic for the most part. I didn't have enough value. The range of value was not as big as I would have hoped. I could have fixed it, but I actually didn't catch the lack of different values until just now!
 

 

3.     Is there a clear source of lighting?

 
Yes. I believe that you can see the source of lighting especially well on the tin container in the front, and in the reflection on the scissors.
 

 

4.     How important were the compositional sketches? Explain.

 I think that the compositional sketches were very important, because if I were to just start drawing a random spot, I think it would have either looked really crammed, or there wouldn't have been enough in the drawing to fill the space. By doing compositional sketches I was able to see what would work best for me and look best too.

 

 

5.     How is your final drawing successful?

 
I think my final drawing was successful because I did really well with the proportions (which is something I have struggled with in the past), and I did a good job capturing a good source of light.
 

 

6.     Are the proportions, structure and perspective of the subject correct?

 
Yes.

 

7.     Does the placement & grouping of objects create a pleasing arrangement (composition)?

 
I think there is a pleasing composition because all the objects are on separate plains, and are near enough to each other to overlap, but far enough away from each other that they don't completely cover each other up.
 

 

8.     Is there a center of interest and is it well located?

 I think the center of interest is the tin container in the front. I think it is well located, It is in the front, and slightly off centered.

 

 

9.     How well did you manage your time and resources throughout the process of creating this drawing?  Do you see where you could improve in this area?

 
I think I did a good job managing my time for this project. I was able to get a lot done by focusing hard, and not wasting my time.
 

 

10.  What challenges did you encounter during this project and how did you overcome them?

At first, I had a hard time with proportions. I overcame this by 1:Using my view finder and 2: I did a couple of blind hand sketches like we had done in the first unit to help us with our proportions.

 

 

11.   What have you learned drawing a still life? 
 
While drawing a still life II have learned to have patience, and to take your time on the details of things, because in some cases the details can be what makes or breaks you.
 
 

 
 
(The first image attached is my compositional sketches, and the second image is my final project)
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment