Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cloth Final Practice Drawing and Final Drawing

1.      Did you use a wide range of values? (A range from white to black with at least 9 values). Explain how is this evident?
 I believe that I did use a wide range of values. I think that I carried over nice shades across the sheet. You can tell I did so because of the change in value to be darker where there was shadows, and lighter where there was highlights in the sheet or where light was reflecting off of the sheet.
 
2.      Explain how your knowledge and creating practice studies with value contributed to your piece.
 Especially since I have never used charcoal (which was the medium used in this project) I was able to test it out and see how it would work for me. I think it helped me to know what to expect concerning how dark the charcoal is especially on the gray paper used in this project.
 
3.      Describe the blending and transitions in your fabric (discuss your use of pressure with pencil/colored pencil/charcoal pencil and other techniques to achieve this).
 I think that I did an excellent job with blending and transformations in this project. I used a blending tool, which most definitely helped to create a smooth transition. I think it turned out so well, because I kind of worked in layers. Instead of starting out really dark and having to lighten things up, I started off light and darkened the areas that needed to be darkened.
 
 
4.      Explain how your interpretation of texture is essential in capturing the look of the object.
 I think that it is very important to capture a smooth and flowing texture in this drawing because without having a flowing texture, I think that the sheet would look less like a sheet, and it would be harder to blend the values into each other.
 
6.      If you could recreate your pieces what would you do differently to enhance the final outcome?
If I could recreate this drawing I think that I would try to do it without using the blending tool. I think that by doing this it would help me improve with creating a more gradual shadow with only using the medium. I think that I would also try to use more of the white colored pencil. I didn't use a lot of it in my project, and I think it looks really cool, and helps to really bring out the places where light reflects off of the sheet. Although I did use some white charcoal, I wish I would have used more. 
 
 
The first picture attached below is of my practice with using different types of charcoal. The second picture is of my final project.
 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment