Monday, March 27, 2017

Prisma texture

What textures did you create in your drawing? How did you apply technique/formal elements to create them?
In this piece, I mainly focused on creating the smooth, even texture of the skin, and the texture of the iris in the eye. I achieved the texture in the skin by a lot of layering and blending with baby oil. For the iris, I didn't really use any techniques or anything other than a lot of practice!

What did you learn during this project? Did you overcome any challenges?
I learned that prisma colors take a lot of patients to use, and that I really like them! I overcame a few challenges, with getting the eyelashes to look realistic, and flowing, instead of twiggy. I overcame this by really studying the picture, and practicing on other papers a lot!





No comments:

Post a Comment