Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Scratchboard


IMPLIED MOVEMENT SCRATCHBOARD



Your Name: Grace Parnell



SELF EVALUATION



  1. Describe the subject matter and meaning of your artwork.



In this project, I chose to make the focus of my piece a puppy. This is a picture of my friend’s dog Maggie, and is meaningful to me, because it reminds me of my first dog Max.





2. How did you use textures to enhance your picture?



I really focused on texture in this piece. I used a lot of different strokes in the areas the light was shining on. My favorite part of the picture (texture wise) is the nose, because I think I did a great job with showing the wet nose. I captured it well because I drew little circles where the light was still hitting. I think doing small things like this really enhanced my picture, because it gave a more realistic look to the piece.





3. How did you balance your artwork and create a well-organized composition?



There wasn’t a lot of composition in the picture. I drew the dog to fit the page. I did a nice job balancing the lights and darks on the page I created a realistic picture using shadows, where I didn’t scratch anything, and I created the peaks/highlights where I scratched off the black.





4. How did you imply movement in your drawing?



I implied movement in this picture by the strokes I used. I drew wavy lines on the ear to create a texture in which you could tell that the ear was moving.





5. How could you improve your artwork?



I think I could improve my drawing by adding more detail on the top of the head. I got tired of drawing lines and just started recklessly doing them. If I could re do this project I would try to take my time with the little things like that.





6. How did you demonstrate a wide range of shading values?



I created a nice range of values in my piece by drawing the lines further apart on the darker areas, and closer together on the lighter values. I think I did a decent job with this, although I think I could have done better. I think I made some of the lights blend together too much, instead of having them be separated.



(The picture won't upload, but I'll keep trying and let you know if I can get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment