Thursday, December 8, 2016

Opacity Project

 
  1. Describe the craftsmanship of your drawing. (Is it neat and well executed?)
I think I did a really good job with this project. It is neat and organized.
 
 
  1. Describe how your background choices help unify the three artworks and tie them together as one piece of art.
I did not add a background to my piece, due to lack of time. I was debating drawing the bag brown (like in the original picture) or to change the color of the bag to be more clear. I think it ended up looking really good with the brown because I was able to add more different values, and tie the colors in throughout the piece.
 
 
  1. Describe your choice of colors/color harmonies and how you used them throughout the artwork.
I think the colors were nicely tied throughout the piece. I do however, think that I used too much brown.
 
 
  1. How did you create contrast in your drawing?
 
Yes. I had dark browns in the creases of the bag, and whites where the light was reflecting off of the apples, and just about everything in between.
 
 
  1. How did you use textures, highlights and shadows to enhance your artwork?
 
I made highlights on the parts of the bag and apples that had light reflecting off of them. I think I did alright with adding the texture of the bag too. I was able to give it a smooth, flowing look, while still showing that it was wrinkled.
 
 
 
  1. Why did you choose a particular background color to mount your artwork?
 
I chose the gray paper because I thought it would be something good to build off of, and plus, when we were doing the exercises with prisma colors, I liked drawing on the ray paper the best
 
 
  1. Discuss the importance of understanding the media (prisma or pastels) and
 
Acquiring the skills necessary to create a successful project. I think to successfully use prisma colors, you need to understand that it takes time and a lot of patience. You have to work lightly, and in layers. If you try to do it all at once, the colors won’t blend, and it won’t look as real as preferred.
 
 
 
 
  1. Describe any difficulties you had creating your drawing and what you could do to improve your drawing?
 
I had a hard time being patient with the amount of time everything was taking, especially since I sit next to Anna, who finishes her projects in a class period. I think to improve my actual drawing I could go back and add a background. I think if I were to do this, it would be on a table, or picnic blanket (typical, red and white checkered) Overall, I really enjoyed this project and will definitely be doing more of this type of thing in the future.
 
 
 
 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment